Monday, December 8, 2014

Thank You, Peter Jackson

Many, many thanks to the storyteller who has influenced and inspired me by introducing me to the world of Tolkien and by doing it as fair a justice as can be done in Hollywood these days. While I have read the books and loved them dearly, I can scarcely think of Middle Earth without thinking of Jackson's films.

They have brought me joy and laughter, tears and sorrow; they have terrified and inspired me, stolen my time and gifted me with stories to tell; and have allowed me and many others to go on the adventure of a lifetime these past 13 years. These films have been part of my life for most of my life. I look forward to sharing them with my children and theirs, getting to experience it again for the first time through their eyes.

So, Mr. Jackson, thank you for taking us to a hole in the ground where lived a hobbit, far over the Misty Mountains, to the White Tower of Ecthelion glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver, to the end of all things. And next week, we'll follow you one last time, to whatever end.

God bless you, sir.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sammy Rey. So good to know you through your profile on the blooger. I am glad to stop by your blog "I story teller" and the post on it.which speak of Peter Jackson and being thankful to him for introducingn influncing and inspiring you. I am so glad to know about you being follower of Jesus Christ. It is not an accident I have come across your profile and the blog post but the Lord has purpose in ti and He may want you to have some greater encourter with Him by going to a mission field I am introducing to you. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We als encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work witih us with your friends during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing exprience. My email is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. May you have a very blessed and joyous Christmas season and a very prosperous and Christ centered coming New year. God's richest blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete